8.14.2009

..:: THOUGHTS ::..


For over 20 years Freshjive has been a mainstay in the street wear game. And its identifiable logo has been there for the whole ride.

But, things change.

"Freshjive embarks upon one of the world's first anti-branding campaigns, in which they will be stripping their logos from not just the outside of their garments, but from the labels themselves."

In an exclusive interview with the Hundreds streetwear blog, Klotz states:

"Throughout the years I've become uncomfortable with this business of branding and brand identity. I'm not the type of person that buys something for the brand name. I've also never done a very good job at creating a captivating identity to our own brand logo. Also, within the streetwear culture, the promotion of a company's brand has become downright silly to me. What's amusing is I still really enjoy designing gear, graphics, and even logos. But when I see kids wearing company logos it reminds of people who are trying to be a part of a "tribe" or "gang", as if they need to be part of something, which seems to go against the idea of individualism in style."

Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, me, I wear a plain white or black shirt everyday, so I may actually wear it, but is it really a smart move for business?
Will younger kids spend the money when nothing really distinguishes the brand?

Thoughts?

Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment